Multimodal International, Ltd. is a licensed U.S. Customhouse broker. Our staff is currently six people, including two who are individually licensed.
The firm was formed in 1982 by 3 people who had worked together for an international freight forwarding organization. Through selective marketing of our services we have grown and remained financially successful.
Our mission is to provide
a premium level of professional service to limited number of clients involved
in the importation and distribution of product in the
The majority of our clients are involved in the machine tools, metals, electronics, automotive products, and chemical industries.
From our office located
We regularly provide input on legislation and regulation of Customs brokerage and transportation matters directly and through memberships in trade associations.
We also encourage our staff to continue their education and experience via various programs.
Our office and terminal
are located at
Other services available through subcontractors include: import and export forwarding of cargo via air and ocean carriers, regional trucking and distribution, warehousing, insurance, and Customs bonds.
Our key staff members are:
- Martin W. Dooley, President - Responsibilities are general and financial management, marketing, and special projects.
- Mary Ann Lochner, Vice President - Responsibilities are office management and coordination of surface freight shipments.
- Tammy Di Vito, Ocean Import Coordinator - Responsibilities are coordination of ocean freight shipments.
- Gia Simi, Administrative Associate
Key advisors and consultants are:
- Paul S. Anderson, The ANDERSON Law Firm, LLC, Chicago, IL 60606, (312) 899-5050, Legal Counsel and Registered Agent
- George Ogorek, OGOREK & ASSOCIATES, Park Ridge, IL 60068, (847) 823-6191, Accountant
We are members of the following trade associations:
- The National Customs Brokers and Foreign Freight Forwarders Association of America
- The American Association of Exporters and Importers
- The Midwest Foreign Commerce Club
- The Customs Brokers and Foreign Freight Forwarders Association of Chicago
- The International Trade Association of Greater Chicago